At Defying the Odds Fitness, we have 8 main objectives:
- To increase the frequency and duration of exercise habits for participating youth.
- To increase other positive health habits such as dietary practices.
- To increase fitness levels in aerobic capacity, strength, flexibility and body composition.
- To increase self esteem.
- To increase behavioral control “life skills” applied to maintain a fitness program to include self assessment, goal setting and planning skills.
- To increase behaviors representative of the values of respect, responsibility and self-discipline.
- To increase the ability to generalize the “life skills” learned through physical activity for dealing with problem areas such as substance abuse, violent behavior, delinquency and school performance.
- To decrease the incidence of negative behaviors such as substance abuse, violent behavior, criminal behavior and academic problems.